Here’s a bunch of FSU vs. Oregon stuff to read before the Rose Bowl
Catch up on the College Football Playoff semifinal.
The first ever College Football Playoff game will take place Thursday afternoon in the Rose Bowl, when 8.5-point favorite No. 2 Oregon takes on No. 3 Florida State. The Ducks will try and be the first team to beat the Seminoles since 2012 Florida, as the Seminoles attempt to win back-to-back national championships.
This game will see two of the best quarterbacks in recent college football history square off. The last two Heisman winners, Marcus Mariota and Jameis Winston, will be quarterbacking each of these two semifinalist teams, facing tough defenses that are used to going up against a Heisman-winning quarterback in practice.
There are plenty of storylines from this semifinal matchup, and we’ve got them covered for you. Our Oregon site, Addicted to Quack, our Florida State site, Tomahawk Nation, and our contributors at SBNation.com are working to cover every angle of this game.
Here’s a sampling of what we have so far, with more on the way:
Tomahawk Nation (Florida State):
- Comparing Florida State’s 2014 schedule to that of last year’s title run.
- A defensive coordinator talks about the frustration of facing Winston.
- Comparing Florida State’s strength of schedule to Oregon’s.
- Jimbo Fisher’s opening playoff press conference.
- The Rose Bowl trip may be difficult for fans, but it’s good for the team.
Addicted to Quack (Oregon):
- On the Oregon-Florida State internet fan divide.
- A comprehensive list of Marcus Mariota’s awards.
- Star cornerback Ifo Ekpre-Olomu will miss the game.
- Recapping Mariota’s magnificent Oregon career.
- The weekly ATQ podcast, Playoff edition.
- All four Playoff teams recruited well to get here.
- Where the Playoff teams got their players from.
- Mariota’s ridiculous Heisman numbers.
- Nike’s new uniforms for each of the four teams.
- Picking the Playoff games and other big bowls against the spread.
- Oregon given 28.5 percent chance of winning it all; FSU, 7.6.